Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog.
I'll be voicing my thoughts and opinions on the creative process as well as other random topics that enter my mind. I can't promise to be entertaining or informative, but if you like genre fiction, movies, TV or comics then there should be something to interest you.
Any errors and foul language are my own.


Wednesday 24 April 2013

U is for Undecided

Stuck again.

There are several U's I thought I'd write about but  - as with I - I only managed a line on each. Take Ukelele, for instance; did you know it was Hawaiian for 'jumping flea'? It's an instrument I considered learning to play a couple of years back, but I bought a harmonica instead. I've used it twice - another failed hobby.

I also considered talking about the 1990's TV series Ultraviolet, a character-driven drama based on the idea that vampires exist, without ever mentioning the V-word (it's been re-released on DVD in the UK this week, well worth a watch). Or Unique, which each of us are, with our own ideas and views; sometimes shared, sometimes not, I was going to try and get deep and meaningful, but it's difficult at this time of the morning. I could even have used "Un", which is a prefix to a word used to decribe its opposite. I suppose I have, in a way, done that; far from being decided, I'm "un"decided.

For a writer, there's nothing worse that not knowing what to write, whether it's the next line in a story or even not having a story to write. With five more letters to go, though, I can't give up. So close to the end now and, while it's started to get difficult, I'm still enjoying it. I guess it wouldn't be called a challenge if it was going to be easy, now would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment